Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Truth

American Psycho is a great movie. It seems as if it could be my autobiography. If people only knew what went through my head and really knew my heart. Derek Webb said that the best thing that could happen to any of us would be that out deepest darkest sin would literally be exposed on the 5 o'clock news. I wonder if this is actually true. If people could read my mind they would throw up.
Last night I danced in the parking lot of Outback with a friend of mine. She is beautiful. She does not have romantic feelings for me. Nothing new really. It happens to me all the time...does anyone else hear that violin? I can't wait to be married. I will dance with my wife all of the time. Dancing is so much fun...except alone.
And back to my thoughts. I pray that Jesus would forgive the things that go through my head. This is my favorite song of all time. It is called Prodigal, written by Shane Barnard. These are my two favorite verses. They can speak for themselves. God forgive me and let me come home.


what have i done to get me here?
unraveled and undone, i need my father
what have i done? i've followed my feet to nowhere
now i'm here! as i ran, i can run no more
prodigal me

he mountains to the east, they�ve swallowed my beloved
this house completely incomplete, where is my mortar?
where did he go? he followed his feet to nowhere
please come home! you�ve done me no wrong
each evening i look down that road
i hope and i wait for you
and my servants they look down that road
we watch and we pray for you
master, master, who's that man stumbling down that road?
could it be the one? could it be? could it be?
master, master, it's Your son
coming home to join our lives!

No comments: